[Coco] Look what Daniel got his scrubby dirty hands on.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 23 09:48:42 EST 2014

On Sunday 23 February 2014 09:39:15 Juan Castro did opine:

> Some googling told me this is a ham radio interface, and another guy on
> the list, Alexandre Souza, informed us that's a Brazilian clone of the
> original Kantronics board. (Heh, they didn't even bother to translate
> the messages.)
>
> https://plus.google.com/photos/+DanielCampos/albums/5983577070992272817
>
> I know nothing of ham radio. How is this supposed to plug into the
> radio? Is something like a modem needed in addition to that?
>
> Juan

Note, neither hand here is any where near a bible so I'm not swearing to
anything..

I believe that is an interface for sending and receiving morse code,
although it could probably be re-programmed to work with a full 8 bit wide
data path.  To send, it replaces the keyer, and to receive, it could be
listening to the BFO output from the radios speaker circuit.  One thing is
certain, its old.  The radio operator of course needs a ham license of a
suitable class before you can "press the key" and transmit.

Relatively famous in its day, I've no clue how useful it could be today as
I am not a ham, although some would argue that point :), but a retired
broadcast engineer.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.