[Coco] Chinon floppy drive and coco3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 23 00:53:45 EST 2014

On Sunday 23 February 2014 00:48:58 Arthur Flexser did opine:

> Gene, I believe the index hole is used by the CoCo only for formatting.
> So if that's the problem, it should be readily identifiable by the
> drive's working okay for reading and writing to existing CoCo disks,
> but giving an error when it gets to the verify stage of formatting.
>
> Art

You are spot on there Art.  I once had a drive with a doofy indexer, and
had to move it about 5 degrees CCW to make it work.  The casting was in the
way but I'm pretty good with a dremel, so I won that argument.  I checked
with several brands of disks first though, and it simply did not align with
the index hole in the sleeve.  Like Captain Kirk, I "made it so". :)  Its
amazing what gets thru QC.