[Coco] Rom Pac Cases was Got the SDC

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Feb 18 22:36:38 EST 2014

Juan,
I actually have every one of those albums on vinyl except one (yes, I still have a turntable AND big speakers :-)
The only one I don't have is the Paul Macartney album. I probably have over 500 vinyl albums, some VERY rare.

I used to have a 4 channel reel-to-reel that had a vari-speed that was wide enough for the speed of an 8-track tape.
The guy I got it from had replaced the heads with heads from a quadraphonic 8-track recorder (and re-biased). You could wind the tape from an 8-track onto a reel and play it on the deck as well as record (in quad) and rewind them back to the cart if you wanted. First the belts went, then after running with the wrong belt (too tight) the motor went and so it's buried in my "audio" graveyard in storage.
I guess that was one real advantage to 8-tracks was that you could get a cheep alternative to a "true" quad system without spending thousands on a quad reel-to-reel.
I guess I have at least 200 8-tracks in storage and doubt they would play today. My vinyl albums still play perfectly, though it is getting harder to find needles and cartridges for the direct drive turntable.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com