[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Richard E Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Tue Feb 18 00:38:52 EST 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:49:16 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 February 2014 10:39:09 Richard E Crislip did opine:
>
> > On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 16:41:56 -0500
> >
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > > On Friday 07 February 2014 16:41:15 Richard E Crislip did opine:

> > > Yes, and my GMC will haul you back from wherever you went. ;-)

> > > Cheers, Gene
> >
> > LMAO 8-)
>
> Well, its a lot more of a rust bucket than when you last saw it, and
> being a 99 model, it did the pan full of antifreeze thing about 10k
> miles later than most '99's, but with a new long block, its back
> among the living and ready for another 200k miles, if I can just get
> 2 good knock sensors in it. One of the two I put in with the new long
> block failed during the first cold snap a month back.  But thats a
> minor detail, it runs as well as ever. Easy on rubber for a 4WD, the
> ones I replaced ($850 for 4 of those monsters) last fall made it to
> 68k miles without even being rotated.  I think I'll keep it a while
> yet...  If I really have to go, I can chain up all 4 corners.  So I
> probably can bring you back from wherever the heck you got stuck. :)
>
> > --
>

> Cheers, Gene

Well my Northstar engined Caddy packed it in this weekend. Did it just
as I got to S&S Tire which also does repair work. They stopped counting
after reaching $4,000 in repairs 8-/. My wife's Buick Regal tossed a
rod after only 235,000 miles. So I am now driving a 2012 Fusion. Love
it. She is driving a 2011 Ketucky made Camery. Now I need to figure out
how to incorporate the CoCo into my Fusion. It is equipped with a US
port and mini stereo phone jack. That way we can get back on topic ;-).