[Coco] First experiences with my DE1

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 17 03:45:52 EST 2014

On 17/02/2014 5:44 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> Are you sure about this last part?  It has been a while, but I thought you
> only needed to load the control panel into the FPGA if you wanted to play
> with turning the lights on and off and that kind of thing.  Writing the
> flash didn't require it, as I sort of recall.

Yup, definitely need to program the control panel SOF to erase/write the
flash. The USB Blaster is connected directly to the FPGA (or the FPGA serial
configuration flash via the PROG switch) and no other devices. When you
select flash operations in the host control panel software, it relays
commands to the flash controller IP block in the Control Panel SOF in the
FPGA. See pg 17 of the DE! user manual for the system architecture.

Regards,