[Coco] First experiences with my DE1

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 21:28:46 EST 2014

I agree in that respect Mark, but I stick to my guns that some initial "installation" or "setup" be included until someone gets familiar enough with the product to write something more useful. Especially in something like the CocoFPGA as most of the type of documentation for other system projects would differ greatly and not be applicable for an uninitiated user to at least get started in the right direction.

One of my favorite statements to people asking me how to do things is "Read the Manual first". It get's frustrating trying to guide someone through something as complex as the DE1 through email messages without something they can reference on their end.

In the end it's good for everyone. The user gets at least simple instruction, and the developer doesn't get bombarded with "How do I turn the d&%m thing on?"

I wonder how many people have searched for and possibly even emailed Gary since this spurt of DE1 aquisitions has transpired? I know I'd be looking for him at this point had I bought one. Or at least for some poor soul who had nothiing to do with the developement but knows how to set it up..... :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com