[Coco] Having fun with hacking HDB-DOS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 21:08:24 EST 2014

Juan,
It would be hard to test what you're doing on a Coco 3 as most of the functions already exists on a Coco 3 in the new basic cmds.
It would be hard to tell if the hdbdos command was getting results or SECB....
Also, most of the hooks you would be using on a Coco 1 & 2 will sometimes be already in use by SECB as it does it's own patching into basic.
I've got a feeling the functionality of a 16k hdbdos for Coco 1 & 2 and hdbdos for the Coco 3 would be completely different in what could and would be patched in.
As I said, most of things you are working on are already supported on the Coco 3 so are not needed and leave room for things more suited for the Coco 3. Like the ability to save & load hires graphics, DW4 support, a better line editor (full screen), memory bank switching, ram disk, Mutiple programming running (windows), file browser, etc
With the Coco 3, there's so much more memory to play with and the possibilities are endless.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com