[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 15 21:37:54 EST 2014

On 16/02/2014 12:38 PM, J.P. Samson wrote:

> No SRAM on DE1-SoC; only SDRAM.  Wouldn't that pose a problem with a port,
> Mark?

AH, I actually did miss that. Yes, and no. I haven't used the Cyclone V
family before, but according to the datasheet there's almost 1/2MB of
on-chip memory, so that's at least enough for a stock Coco3, if not expanded.

What makes this particularly nice is the large FPGA (4x size of DE1) plus
the on-chip ARM core, with USB and SD access. Most (if not all) of the
custom-built FPGA-based 'repro' boards have an external on-board micro for
configuring the FPGA and providing the floppy/hdd emulation. This one is
built right in!

MUST.NOT.BUY... ;)

Regards,