[Coco] Modifying Level1/coco1 for 6309 native mode

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Feb 14 21:49:27 EST 2014

Bill Nobel wrote:
> Yep, it is exactly as I thought.  The entry point of L0604 is the setstat for SS.RsBit.  I did a quick comparison on the documented level 2 RBF and level 1 RBF I had (very close to each other).  ‘A' will contain LSB of X from register stack.
>
> Although it’s like you said Robert depending on where you are in decoding it, U could contain different things.  I found in rbf that U will usually have either a Path descriptor or Register pointers (sometimes pointer to buffer within path descriptor).
>
> Side note - My god I still remember that??? (it’s been 20+ years)
>
> -Bill

Bill,

That's what I thought but grabbing the lsb of regX seemed peculiar. Maybe the
following will ring some bells in your memory. ;)

The current status is that the crash occurs after the ENTER key is hit. That
means you can type anything and see it appear on the screen until you hit enter.
While it might seem that setime is the problem it is not. You can hold down the
shift key during the boot process and get to the OS9: prompt. Type anything and
you will see it. ENTER will crash the system.

I can't quite pin down what is crashing but it looks like we are very close to
working in 6309 native mode with a coco1. Once NitrOS-9 runs, then code can be
optimized for the 6309.

Robert