[Coco] Modifying Level1/coco1 for 6309 native mode

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Feb 14 17:43:07 EST 2014

Bill Nobel wrote:
> You are on the right path Robert,  When Curt and I started the project I had to reverse engineer everything.  The defs files I modified for the 6309 register layout and other things we added.  I encased them into ifdef, else etc for the reassembly.  I basically added the Def reference to the code and reassembled it to make sure the module CRC was the same as the original.  Once that was done I concentrated on the conversion to 6309.
>
>    It was a process to get the boot files converted. The hardest was the initial REL, BOOT and OS9P1 to convert to 6309 and make it fit in the boot track
>
> -Bill
>
> On Feb 14, 2014, at 10:54 AM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
>> This is exactly what Bill and I did to make NitrOS9 in the first place. :-)
>> (To be honest, this earliest stage was much more Bill than me).
>>
>> L. Curtis Boyle
>> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

Bill and Curtis,

Nice to hear from you guys! The original NitrOS-9 was an incredible piece of
work given it was a two man operation.

I think I may be wrong about one change in rbf.asm. I suggested
shortly after L0604
        lda   R$X+1,u        was $05,u

but the above may not be a register stack. The only way to tell will be to see
if the code runs for both 6809 and 6309 systems.

Robert