[Coco] Having fun with hacking HDB-DOS

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Feb 14 00:16:38 EST 2014

In Extended ADOS-3, I used the technique of temporarily going to ROM mode
whenever the upper half of the 16K ROM needed to be accessed.  That way
Super Extended Basic in RAM (as usual) could coexist with the code in the
upper 8K of the EPROM, so all CoCo 3 commands would automatically work.
Plus, software compatibility was excellent because nothing could have
memory conflicts with code in the EPROM's upper 8K, since that code was
switched out of the memory map except when being accessed.  This also meant
more room for extensions, since no EPROM space was wasted in duplicating
what was already there in Super Extended Basic.

Perhaps you could use that technique for your extended HDB-DOS?

Art