[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 13 18:39:03 EST 2014

I do feel somewhat bad that this thread has degenerated into mocking Mr
Robinson, and for that I take a fair amount of responsibility, but if you
haven't packed up your bat and ball just yet Michael, I'd like to say this much.

IMHO you came into this discussion with the wrong attitude. Instead of
offering suggestions and then asking opinions on what was achievable and
what wasn't, you proceeded to dig your heels in with even more outlandish
statements and insisted that unless it was done "your way" it simply
wouldn't fly.

The truth of the matter is that there are people on this list with a lot
more experience and a lot more knowledge on this type of thing than you, yet
you opted to ignore most of that and, given some largely irrelevant
throw-away statements from your brother the electrical engineer,
extrapolated an unbelievably unrealistic goal of producing a current-gen CPU!!!

If you take the time to understand what can and can't be done realistically
by a rag-tag bunch of Coco enthusiasts, and maybe ask a few questions along
the way, I'm sure everyone on this list would be glad to answer them. After
all, we should be encouraging new members and existing members to stay, not
drive them away by mocking them. And for this, I apologise.

Regards,