[Coco] Where things are headed

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 13:13:05 EST 2014

As much as I agree that we are seeing more and more technology that can be
misused/abused, and I am sure some of which has been misused and abused, we
need to take care to not throw the baby out with the bath water.

The technology is great when it can help us understand and deal with
circumstances and people that are in a compromised position already (like
debilitating disabilities). But let one wrong hand get it and *BOOM* we
have BB on our backs. Well, as far as I know, when it comes to the
technology we enjoy today, the US military developed it years ago. We're
still getting hand-me-down technology from them. Do you really think they
have not already exploited the technology in this manner?

At the same time, I believe that our Constitution still holds the greatest
sway over any attempt to try to control us in that way. Besides, the way so
many of us react, it would be a sure-fire way to start a revolution,
because you know we will when we feel oppressed enough. That's what we
Americans do. That's what we've done since we began.

Wayne