[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Thu Feb 13 07:14:03 EST 2014

I agree with Louis.

There may be a small market for a Coco clone among previous Coco owners, and
Dragon owners. But we're talking in hundreds of units.

It's why I keep pointing to the Replica I (
http://www.brielcomputers.com/wordpress/ ) or the Altair 8800 Micro as
models.

Grant Searle made a 6-Chip 6809 computer that uses a modified Coco BASIC.
http://searle.hostei.com/grant/6809/Simple6809.html

Imagine if someone expanded that design to add the VDG and turn it into a
Coco compatible. Or, used the N8VEM 6809 board with a custom board that made
it Coco compatible?

There is so much out there. If I had the money, I'd fund a TRS-80 Model
I/III/4 clone and a Coco 3 Clone like the Replica I.

-[ Al ]-