[Coco] CoCo SDC board arrived

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Wed Feb 12 09:49:52 EST 2014

> Those Canadian customs agents are being very diligent in protecting you
> from the evils of CoCo peripheral devices. ;)

I remember reading in a newsgroups once about a friend of mine who
ordered a DEC Hard Disk from the US.  The customs agents dismantled
it.  What he received in the end was a worthless box of disk parts.
Considering that in those days a 159M RD54 cost about $12,000, he
was not amused.  They claimed that people were smuggling drugs inside
hard disk cases and they had to be sure it was clean.

bill