[Coco] [OT] Windows 8

Michael Graham mkgraham at gmx.com
Mon Feb 10 18:41:31 EST 2014

I'm keeping Windows 8 on my laptop because I need access to Office and
some other Windows-only software I need for my classes, but after trying
it out I wasted no time resizing the partition and figuring out how to
set up an EFI dual-boot with Archlinux.  I also use KDE, as it's the
most comfortable environment to use, in my opinion, although it's a
little heavy for my laptop so I keep considering switching to something
lighter.

If I didn't have to make sure with absolute certainty that my
assignments would appear on my professors' computers the same way they
do on mine, I'd be exclusively using Linux on my laptop.  I built my
desktop as a (somewhat lightweight) gaming machine, though, so it's
using Windows 7 and only Windows 7.

--Michael