[Coco] l2update and bbs dsk images in nitros9 source tree

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 22:33:29 EST 2014

@ Curtis (and anyone else who has knowledge of this),
After you stated that some of the "Upgrade" features HAD been included into the Nitros9 repo, I started taking a look around.
In looking through the latest "defs" files, I'm finding quite a few of the system calls and gets/setstat parms that are mentioned in the docs and notes in the upgrade. A lot of these "new" features are the kind of things that poeple often "wish" OS9 had... And they were already there!
The thing that bothers me, I've stated it before and I'll state it again and again....
Where's the documentation?
There's things in the additions that would make handling windows, mouse, get/put buffers, graphics, and much more... much easier. Why was all this stuff added then no documentation created on how to use it or even notes that it was there? The only indication of the existence of these calls is the sparse comments beside the calls in the defs files.
Pretty soon, no one will be around that knows what these feature are and how they work.
For instance, were the named pipes ever implemented?

Just food for thought :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia