[Coco] pacos9 ported to lwtools

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Feb 7 20:14:55 EST 2014

Tormod,
I just tried pacos9 in VCC on a Windows system. It works fine.
It's hard to play in Vcc due to it's designed to use the self-centering joystick and Vcc can only use the mouse.

I also tried it on my Coco3. The graphics look great :-)
It will start from a HW text screen.

I think it's safe to add it to the repo. I would add it to the Arcade Pack dsk if there's room.

As Bob mentioned in another message, the dots "may" be due to no fonts loaded. They look like 40 col "*" chars. So it's possible. My startup has the fonts loaded by default in all my boots.
Try typing
merge /dd/sys/stdfonts /dd/sys/stdpats_2 /dd/sys/stdpats_4 /dd/sys/stdpats_16 /dd/sys/stdptrs
Then run the game

As far as Vcc running in Wine, it sounds like you don't quite have all the directx9 libraries installed in wine. Vcc requires directx9 for graphics and sound. I had tried this once and found I had to find every directx9 package I could find to get everything to work right. I had it running well at one point, but I then quit messing with Linux as I needed the computer for some studio work and Linux doesn't support (or have decent software for) my M-Audio Delta 10-10 audio interface. On an average I'm playing 16-40 tracks while recording 8-16 tracks at 24-bit 48khz.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com