[Coco] CoCo SDC board arrived and RGB to VGA converters

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Fri Feb 7 11:33:17 EST 2014

On 2/7/2014 6:37 AM, Bill Loguidice wrote:
> The unfortunate limitation is that it only supports
> the 8.3 file naming system and can't see filenames with spaces in them.
> That means that some pre-made archives will need some manually tweaking.
I have to jump in here too.  The 8.3 file naming system is more or less
standard for simple devices like this.  (Most of the stuff that I design
for haunt community used this standard.)

I've even seen controllers that don't even look at the file name at
all.  You tell it to used the file by order they are in the directory.
You want to play MUSIC.MP3, you tell it #3 since its the third entry in
the directory.

Just be glad that you got a standard 8.3 file system.

Steve