[Coco] The Tri-Annual CoCo 4 Thread

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 7 05:44:38 EST 2014

On 7/02/2014 8:47 PM, S Klammer wrote:

> Thanks Mark, I understand what you stated; however,  what I tried to say is
> whether the FPGA itself has a finite number of re-writes?  ie. how many
> times could someone expect to chsnge the MiST between Amiga, Atari ST,
> (etc), before failure?

Most FPGA devices themselves are SRAM-based, so no practical limit.

Some setups use (SPI) flash-based devices to store the FPGA configuration;
they therefore have a limited lifetime. Yet others are configured directly
from micro-controller, so your limit is whatever media you're reading the
bitstream from.

Regards,