[Coco] CoCo SDC board arrived and RGB to VGA converters

Steve 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Fri Feb 7 01:59:01 EST 2014

I too got my CoCo SDC board today.  But it will have to wait for the
Sunday or later since I'm booked till then.  (I need as little time to
dig out a CoCo and find a modern HD T.V that will take those old style
inputs.  All my old CRT type monitors are long gone.  (The phosphors
start fall off inside the CRT.)  I do have one of those CoCo RGB to VGA
converters that someone sold me at a CoCofest but it never work very
well. (Lot's of sparkles in the T.V. image.)

Speaking of CoCo 3 output to VGA converters, has anyone try this one the
SainSmart GBS-8220 RGB/CGA/EGA/YUV to VGA Arcade HD Video Converter
Board?  It runs about $30 and here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-GBS-8220-Arcade-Video-Converter/dp/B0051SLJAG

There is a review from a CoCo 3 user and he never got it work. But it
could because he did not know how to hook it up.

Steve