[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 6 16:48:07 EST 2014

On 7/02/2014 3:49 AM, billg999 at cs.uofs.edu wrote:

> I  have since found others in the sub $100 range. But I
> don;t know how they compare to something like the DE-1 (like I
> said, I'm new to this!)  So rather than trying to compare them
> I thought it made more sense to just ask what features would be
> required for a board to do this kind of stuff.

Required for Coco3FPGA:

* Sufficient logic resources. For an Altera device, at least 20K LE's (DE1)
but more would be nicer. For a Xilinx device - ???
* Video (VGA/DVI) output, more colours = better.
* 64K/512K/2MB SRAM. SDRAM-only would require a re-working of the core.
* PS/2 input preferable.
* Audio output (stereo preferable for Orch carts).
* I/O - I can't recall atm what is required for the sundry operations of
Coco3FPGA, you'd need to look at the doco

Regards,