[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 17:19:19 EST 2014

On Feb 5, 2014 5:04 PM, "Mark Marlette" <mmarlette at frontiernet.net>

> Lets keep it simple....Little to no profit margin, 100 board run, $200
target price which IMHO, is a GREAT deal. I personally do not think that
price is obtainable. The reason I say that is because basically you are
making a custom DE-1, some removes, some add ons. Just call it
equal....That is what Terasic is selling their device for and they are in
the market, with contacts and volume. Look at at least twice that for a
good not going broke starting point.

Not to mention the dev boards like the DE1 are not a profit oriented
product for Terasic.  They only make them as a way to build interest in
their "real" products (the FPGAs themselves), that's why there is a massive
educational discount.  They quite likely take a loss on the boards.