[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 5 09:53:36 EST 2014

From: Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au>
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

<snip>.........

>Clearly, there are several "CoCo4" added features on the FPGA CoCo but I
>fear that unless  the hardware is more readily available at a reasonable
>price with minimal fuss to setup, we'll never see any new useful programs
>ever created for it.

So what is reasonable? $100, $200, $400??? What is reasonable to one is unreasonable to another.

The amount NRE involved in the development of these platforms is staggering.... If Altera is charging what they are for their DE-1 or SOCs can you imagine what the pricing would be for each on a 100 unit run?

I have a CoCo3FPGA, it is cool, no doubt.

Regards,

Mark
http://www.cloud9tech.com