[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 3 23:12:22 EST 2014

> The DE-1 comes with all the software you need to use CoCo3FPGA and
> also the software to do some amount of FPGA programming (I don't know
> exactly where the free version stops and the paid version begins, but
> it was never an issue because I have never done any FPGA programming
> at all :)
>
> All you need to load CoCo3FPGA onto the DE-1 is the single .exe
> control panel app.  None of the programming software (free or paid) is
> needed.   The control panel is included on the CD that comes with the
> DE-1, or google will show you how to download it if you ask for
> DE1_Control_Panel.exe

Ok.I see what you mean.

I must read up on it. Don't know if it quite entices me to actually buy one
when there is really nothing to really support it. No software to use it
beyond being a faster CoCo3 I guess.

I certainly have no interest in something that only presents a very small
and niche market area... even smaller than what the real CoCo is.

For now, I'll stick to my real CoCo3.

Nick