[Coco] CoCo4! 50% done!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Feb 3 22:36:50 EST 2014

On Monday 03 February 2014 22:28:32 Matthew Stock did opine:

> Nick,
>
> Here's one source.  You need to also get the programming tools from
> Altera to program the FPGA, but you'd need to do that with any
> solution.  There are other sources as well.
>
> http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&Categ
> oryNo=165&No=83

Which comes to $350 CAD

> http://www.altera.com/education/univ/materials/boards/de1/unv-de1-board
> .html

The board is $200, software licensing cost is a secret.  I started to
register there once, 2 years ago according the autosaved login firefox gave
me, backed out when I saw the price, and have had to add their IP to a
mailfilter rule, several different times because they change it, to get rid
of the twice daily spam. Requests to turn off the spam machine just doubled
it.

IOW, screw them, and the camel that rode in on them.