[Coco] MShell Update

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Feb 1 11:32:51 EST 2014

On 14-02-01 08:13 AM, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Ahh... For a second I thought you were talking about the program screenshots and I was wondering where you were seeing green/black as the MShell GUI is Black/White. Then I realized you're talking about the "website" Lol.
> I haven't had anyone complain about the colors in the 5 years I've had it up and ALL the pages on the site use that scheme.
> But if enough people think the colors are too much, please suggest better colors for the website and I'll change them. They look fine on my 19" wide screen monitor in 1440x900 (widescreen) resolution.

I think it might be that the green is a bit too bright compared to the
black. It sort of drills into the eye when reading it, especially with a
screen full of text.

I suspect if the font was bigger or the green was a bit dimmer, it might
be less problematic, for the same reason that using "dim white" or
"gray" as the color on a black background works better than full white.

The current scheme is a lot better than some I've seen, though. There
are a few truly terrible ideas out there (like blue on red or red on
blue). And then there are the ones where partially colour blind types
like me can't even see the text (brownish red on reddish brown is a good
one there - saw some marketing material for a linux distro coloured that
way one time).