[Coco] Rainbow ROT / ROD status Was: Program stash

Wed Dec 31 20:08:36 EST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the Good News for Rainbow magazine readers.

The list of disks available is now at:

http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer13/

Following a vague hint to look in the CoCo Dump #3 I have found some more online. Also CoCo Dump #1 has a few more. CoCo Dump #2 which contains a good copy of CoCo Dump #1 also has a few. CoCo Dump #3 contains a copy of the OS-9 files in Dump #2 and a non-usable copy of the DECB files in Dump #2 plus a defective copy of dump #1. (Test later :) )

So it will take some time as ~ 5,000 disks need to be looked at.

Anyone willing to look at 175 disks labeled 0000.dsk to 0174.dsk. Really!

I have made requests to the two authors of utilities that understand CoCo disks for a new utility to print out the dirs of the entire set but nothing back yet.

I wish any comments about the list of disks, I know it takes some time to understand the format but once understood checking for the available of any Rainbow ROT or ROD is quick.

My plans to complete this project by years end and add to the Internet Archive have failed as some known files have not been made available.

My previous project "Rainbow Magazine Text Search able Index" has been downloaded 1,169 times.

 https://archive.org/details/RainbowMagazineTextSearchableIndex

SHF