[Coco] trs-80 model I help

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Wed Dec 31 07:36:48 EST 2014

Ira Goldklang supplies disks for a small donation: http://www.trs-80.com/

He also has manuals on-line there.

To see how much RAM you have:

- Turn on Expansion Interface.
- Turn on Keyboard unit while holding down BREAK key'
- Hit ENTER to bypass MEM SIZE/MEMORY SIZE? prompt
- Type: PRINT MEM and hit ENTER

Subtract 16k from the number to get how much RAM in the E/I. I forget the
numbers you should get, but this is easy to figure out.

You can also remove 4 screws from the bottom of the E/I case and just look
to see if one or both rows of chip sockets are populated.

Where do you live? If you live local to me, I can help you with disks.

Also, if you have a PC with a 5.25" disk drive, go here for instructions on
how to download and transfer disk images:
http://tim-mann.org/trs80faq.html#[7]

There is lots of software for all sorts of TRS-80's here:
http://www.classiccmp.org/cpmarchives/trs80/Software/

-[ Al ]-