[Coco] SCSI -> CompactFlash?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Dec 28 15:51:38 EST 2014

Thank you both:

> On Dec 28, 2014, at 5:59 AM, Ronivon Costa <ronivon.costa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You can buy SCSI to CF adapters here: http://www.artmix.com
> Under 110USD, ships fro Japan.
>
> Or SCSI to IDE here: http://shop.codesrc.com
> Under 70USD, ships from Australia.

…and...

> On Dec 28, 2014, at 6:07 AM, Daniel Campos <daniel.campus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For SCSI and SASI devices I use the AztecMonster card:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-AztecMonster-CF-3-5inc-SCSI-Converter-Card-New-for-Vintage-Computer-/261715501071 <http://www.ebay.com/itm/CF-AztecMonster-CF-3-5inc-SCSI-Converter-Card-New-for-Vintage-Computer-/261715501071>

The AztecMonster is the first one mentioned by Ronivon, and I would feel better ordering from an e-Bay store than trying to figure out their Japanese website :) They also have the SD version but it is $50 more.

When I worked at Microware (well, RadiSys in its final years), a coworker of mine in the Germany office had been using converters like this for SCSI-based OS-9 systems. At the time, CompactFlash was still found in stores. After I read that no USB->SCSI adapters were being made (Wikipedia’s SCSI entry even notes this), I did not expect anyone had done SD adapters. I am glad they do. I haven’t seen a CompactFlash on a store shelf in years so I expect its days are numbered (assuming anyone still makes them?). I just don’t want to add something to my MM/1 which, in five years, I can’t get media for. :)

		— Allen