[Coco] OT: Merry XMAS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 25 19:36:06 EST 2014

Christians can celebrate the original interpretation of Christmas as the
birth of Christ.

Other religions can do it their way.

For others, they can have a glass of Coke to celebrate...

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/holidays/the-true-history-of-the-modern-day-santa-claus

Whatever your interpretation of Christmas, have a merry Christmas and a
happy new year.

Lets's hope for peace in the world and that our beloved CoCo idealogy
stays with us into the future and we remember what a great time in our
lives it was when the CoCo first sat under our Christmas tree.  :)

Nick

On 25/12/2014 2:22 PM, Arthur Flexser wrote:> I have to raise a
dissenting voice here, and I hope no one takes offense.
 > To me, Christmas is not about Christ, because those are not my religious
 > beliefs.  I nevertheless enjoy the generous spirit of the season, and its
 > embodiment in such nonreligious displays as Christmas trees, wreaths,
Santa
 > Claus, and so forth.  I like nonreligious Christmas songs like Chestnuts
 > Roasting On An Open fire, Let It Snow, and many others.  Sure, a lot
of it
 > is commercialized, but so what?   What's the harm in that?  So is
 > Thanksgiving (to a lesser extent), and I don't hear a lot of complaining
 > that we're losing sight of the fact that Thanksgiving is about
Pilgrims and