[Coco] quick dw hdb-dos question

David Ladd dladd at realmspire.com
Wed Dec 24 23:46:46 EST 2014

Bill,

I personally not sure what the serial version of the DW3 for CoCo3 did
for its routines on all I/O for the CoCo3's high speed operation.

I know for the emulators I just by default used the CoCo2 version of
the becker ROM.

The problem is here is Robert is using the HDBDOS 1.1D DW3 CoCo3 which
is the original DW3 ROM for the CoCo3.  He would have to either
replace the EPROM or if it allows him would need to poke a value to
address &HFFD8 to attempt to turn off the high speed.  Only way to
test it is to try a operation and see if it turns the high speed back
on.  If it does then sadly his only choice would be is to get a EPROM
with the CoCo2 HDBDOS 1.1D DW3 CoCo2 or the current 1.4 DW3 CoCo2.

At this point the only thing I could really share to Robert that was a
quick try was the POKE &HFFD8,0 to attempt to see if the high speed
stays off. *shrug*
--
David Ladd