[Coco] Merry Christmas (was RE: Merry XMAS)

Tom Seagrove tjseagrove at writeme.com
Wed Dec 24 17:48:35 EST 2014

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Holidays (holiday comes from old English word that means Holy Day)

And may it be a safe one.....

Tom

On Dec 24, 2014, at 5:18 PM, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:34:20 -0700
William Astle <lost at l-w.ca> wrote:

> I'd like to point out that the "X" in "Xmas" is actually from the
> Greek letter Chi which is the first initial of Christ in Greek. That
> particular abbreviation goes back centuries.

   Be that as it may, I agree with Bill. Even Chimas is not Christmas.

>> On 14-12-24 11:14 AM, Bill wrote:
>> Sorry, I just have a problem with those who take Christ out of
>> Christmas.
>>
>> So, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!! and God bless.

NOT Xopher R. Hawks
Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.  -- Thomas Key