[Coco] Closing BBS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 17:45:57 EST 2014

I started out learning to program the Coco with the help of other programmers on a local BBS.. The Wilmington-80 BBS. A two line BBS running on dual TRS-80 Model IIIs with a "Coco Sig". It was run by one of our local Radio Shack's manager (also district manager), Mark Samwick. He eventually switched over to Tandy 1000s and in the mid to late 90s, switched to a "pay BBS" as many of the BBSs were doing at the time.
We had another 4-line BBS sponsered by the local "New Hanover High School" and run by the electronics teacher. He allowed us to set up a Coco sig and Dean Holder (nickdanger on Delphi) and I were co-sysops for a few years until it finally went offline in the late 90s (the electronics teacher left teaching for other ventures).
Had it not been for BBSs, I would have never gotten as far on the Coco as I did :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com