[Coco] Drivewire & Bluetooth

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:23:01 EST 2014

On Dec 23, 2014 4:26 AM, "Richard E Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi Aaron, Are you using two of those devices? One on the CoCo and the
> other on the PC? TIA

No, I just pair one to an android tablet or smartphone most often,
occasionally to a laptop with built in bluetooth or my desktop PC that has
a little usb bluetooth dongle.  Anything that supports the SPP profile will
work on the other end, which is almost all computers except Apple iOS
devices.

You certainly could use a pair of them, though.  In that configuration they
are a drop in replacement for a wired serial cable, so they do require an
actual serial port on both sides.  In the configuration I use (one firefly
on the CoCo side, any standard bluetooth interface on the other ) the local
bluetooth stack presents a virtual serial port to the operating system.
DriveWire is happy to use this port, and no "real" serial port is needed on
that side.