[Coco] PEEK for detecting CoCo arrow keys, etc.?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Dec 20 18:19:26 EST 2014

> On Dec 20, 2014, at 5:10 PM, Arthur Flexser <flexser at fiu.edu> wrote:
>
> If you are running something in assembly, Basic will not be scanning the
> keyboard, through interrupts or anything else.  Basic does not use
> interrupts for keyboard scanning.

Ah, polled. I know what that means now, but probably didn’t even know the term back then.

> The rollover table's main purpose, I believe, is to prevent keyboard bounce.

I see. So it reads the two PIAs, debounces and spits out the specific keys once they are confirmed to be depressed. I bet it would make sense to me if I saw it now (I have written my own debounce stuff for Arduino). Cool.

In assembly, I could just go after the two PIA locations directly, yes?

		— A