[Coco] PEEK for detecting CoCo arrow keys, etc.?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sat Dec 20 18:06:45 EST 2014

Thank you, Art and Rogelio, for this. I remember “keyboard rollover table” now, but not the details. If the keyboard was read through two PIAs (8 bits each), why did they split that out in to 8 memory locations in BASIC?

If I was writing something in assembly, I assume all of this is still polled by BASIC unless interrupts are disabled? (Scanning during the IRQ?).