[Coco] Success! Re: Level3 and Drivewire may not work

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Dec 17 19:48:15 EST 2014

Bill Nobel wrote:
> I think though it might be connected to the SCF/DWIO/RBDW relation. I could be wrong, but it seems Drivewire crosses the bridge between SCF protocol and RBF protocol, to marry the two. Mainly because DW uses serial protocol, but supports random block management.
>
> Bill Nobel

Bill,

That was a good idea!

First thing I tried was placing rbdw in the SCF section with dwio in the RBF
section but that gave error 237 RAM full. I then took rbdw and dwio out of both
RBF and SCF sections and placed them both in the "SYS" section, section after
the second _end in OS9Boot.
I was able to boot from a real floppy on a Coco3 using Disk Basic 1.1 and access
Drivewire disks. That might be good enough for many Coco users but we really
need to be able to boot from Drivewire via HDBDOS. So far that has not worked
because of the boot_dw module, but more testing needs to be done.

Robert