[Coco] Is anyone willing to mod a Sound Pak?

camillus.b.58 at gmail.com camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:54:37 EST 2014

Hi, I wonder if it would be enough to divide the clock again on your controller, when the coco is at high speed. If that is the case, then what you need is a high speed detection circuit and a clock divider. Both you can build outside the controller. Only for testing you need to do some work, and if you work carefully it would not even harm your coco or controller. Do you have any schematics of your sound board?

I have to look around what te easiest way is to detect the high speed clock, and make a litle circuit.

What happens then is that the coco runs fast but the controller would do its thing at the normal speed. Now if the coco just reeds the data from the sound device, that should work ok, but if the coco is also doing the ADC or DAC then this modification would not work.

Because the cost of trying are peanuts I would say give it a try.

All I need to know is where the clock signal is coming in to the sound card, and that is why I need thr schematics for, if you have them, send me a copy in pdf.

cb

Sent from Surface