[Coco] CoCoSDC question: default .DSK size?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:31:47 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> I see -- CoCoSDC uses this header to know how big the disk is.  What is in
> that header when I use ",NEW" to make a new disk image from CoCoSDC DOS?

Using ",NEW" creates an image without a header. The initial size of the
image is that of a 35 track single-sided floppy.

The only information obtained from the header is the number of sides. When
no header is present, the CoCo SDC makes assumptions about the disk
geometry based on the file size. The "Disk Image Formats" page on the blog
has a table showing how the size is interpreted.

Darren