[Coco] What do people want?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 17 12:29:24 EST 2014

On Friday 12 December 2014 15:46:15 Robert Hermanek did opine
And Gene did reply:
> I can only think of one little thing:  A drivewire version of HDB-DOS
> that expects the drivewire connection on an rs-232 pak, instead of
> internal serial port.

While that CAN be done, what can you do with an rs-232 hardware kit that,
unless flow controls are exercised well, cannot exceed 4800 baud.  Then
consider that even the coco1/2 version of DW runs the bitbanger at 57,600
baud on old machines, 115,200 on the coco-3's.

Because you would be throwing away over 90% of the bitbangers speed to run
on the hardware, such an adaptation would be more of a "can I even do it?"
exercise than anything else.  If running os9 or its git, there isn't
anything you can do thru the bitbanger that cannot be done nearly 20x
faster thru DW.

Ditto for midi what has been said about printing. DW does it all.

> On 12/11/2014 7:31 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:
> > Just a personal survey to understand what CoCo users want for their
> > CoCo.
> >

> > Question: What new product would you like to see for your CoCo
> > (Software or Hardware). Name 2 items.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)