[Coco] OT: Gene Heskett

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Dec 17 12:03:56 EST 2014

On Friday 12 December 2014 10:11:59 Bruce W. Calkins did opine
And Gene did reply:
> FWIW; Gene is off-line for a few days. His youngest child by his first
> wife died and he is going to the funereal and hopefully the wedding of
> another offspring won't get canceled in the tumult.

And I am back, but will need some shots in my back and some time to fully
recover, I overdid it a bit since Dulles thinks everyone ought to be able
to walk a minimum of 2 miles from gate to gate, AND figure out where you
need to take the train to without a single "you are here" placard in the
whole county that is Dulles.  Lets just say it was a whirlwind weekend.
And except for a few tears, enjoyable.  The wedding went off as planned
and that son now has a woman that is a genuine keeper.

The funeral visitation managed to get all of my boys in the same room at
the same time so we had a family meeting for the first time in 30 years! I
came away with a partial list of who gets what when I do fall over, and
plans for the boys to take me on a Texas pig hunt next year.

So I am "resting up" a bit till I can arrange for some more shots in my
back.

I haven't read near all of the msgs here, but to those who expressed
condolences, thank you very much.

These 3 children that Ernest was the last of, were the output of my first
wife, born Annie Lucille Sweet early in 1934 who herself had a stroke and
died at 34.  So I truly have nothing left to record their presence but a
few, very few, old B&W pictures.  The sad ending of a very happy era in my
now extended to 80 years life.  As has been said, a man is not supposed to
outlive his children, but I sure seem to be doing a good job of it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)