[Coco] CoCo 2 Factory Composite Video RE'd

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Dec 15 17:19:32 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:59:29PM +0000, Torsten Dittel wrote:
> Zippster <zippster278 at ...> writes:
>
> > I can layout boards to replace any of the RF modulators if I know the
> dimensions and pinouts.
> >
> > So far I know of 3 types, CoCo 2 - Korean motherboards (RF lays flat on
> MB), earlier (pre-Korean?)
> > motherboards where the modulator is larger, and on edge.  And then CoCo1
> (all the same modulator?)
> >
> > I have no problem doing boards for all these types if people want them.
>
> I wonder if anything of this would work for a (European, UK or Australian)
> PAL CoCo 1,1B,2,2B as well (the French "PĂ©ritel" versions have the modulator
> space on the unique PCBs anyway replaced by a SECAM RGB out circuit)...

The circuit would be quite different, since there was no PAL version
of the MC1372 afaik.  On the other hand, I think Simon indicated
that his CoCo2 had composite video at the input to his modulator.
If that is true across the various models, then something like what
is done for the CoCo1 (i.e. no circuit or just an amplifier) should
work for them as well...?

John