[Coco] RGB cable

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 09:34:17 EST 2014

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014, Justin Thomas wrote:

> For folks using the Altera DE0 RGB2VGA setup, where are you sourcing the 10
> pin cable to complete the connection? I have all of the other parts ready
> to build, but am not sure about that last bit.

Buy a foot or two of ribbon cable and two 10-pin, double-row IDC
connectors with 0.1" pin spacing. These are available from, e.g. Jameco,
Mouse, Digikey, etc.  A bench vise works fine to press on the connectors.
Try to eyeball things such that the cable is at a proper right-angle to
the connector - doesn't have to be absolutely perfect.