[Coco] Subject: Re: Sound Pak Modification Question

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sat Dec 13 15:23:17 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Ransom Gladwin <rfglad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Art, that is what I thought, but then another post discusses making a
> switch (automatic, manual, and non-switch options). It seems like if a
> switch is an option, then it wouldn't work on low speed anymore once you do
> the modification for high speed?

While the CoCo is running at 2MHz:

The speech processor (SP0256-AL2) has it's own clock, so it is not
effected by the CoCo's clock speed.

The CPU (TMS7040) is tied to the CoCo's clock, but it performs
identically while running twice as fast.

The PSG (AY-3-8913) is also tied to the CoCo's clock. Since it is
running twice as fast, the pitch of it's output is doubled in
frequency.

tim lindner