[Coco] What do people want?

David Ladd dladd at realmspire.com
Sat Dec 13 14:27:52 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
><cut>
>
> Someone will have to track this down, but I believe it was Roger Taylor who discovered the RS232 pak was capable of much higher speeds by giving it some undocumented setting. I do not know if I read this on coco3.com <http://coco3.com/>’s message forum or in this list, years ago. It was around the time of his bluetooth pak and such.

Well I did a quick search on google and found a website at:
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Deluxe_RS232_Pak
Now the thing is it looks like the 6551 only goes up to 19200 unless
you hack the crap out of the RS232 pak.  At this point I personally
think it might be better to just acquire a RS232 pak of some type that
uses a 16550 type UART chip that can handle higher speeds by default,
but that is my opinion anyway.  Not sure what your take on it is.