[Coco] What do people want?

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Sat Dec 13 13:17:06 EST 2014

David,
I believe that we had had an email thread on this subject of the FTDi and what my proto contained.
Aaron and I did some initial benchmarking on this chip platform several years ago and it is capable of sustained serial transfers of over 100KBps, actually we obtained 130KBs, IIRC.
Taking the hardware and developing the handshake that is optimal for the coco and SuperDriver, takes a CPLD. This approach is being used in all of my new designs which will take all transfers on megaread test times to 7-9 seconds. This is the initial testing Boisy and I did on this subject with SuperDriver and the overhead research performed to optimize the data transfer rate on the CC3.
So USB/serial, SD(SPI), doesn't matter. Raw data transfers around a ~1M baud.
Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com
mark at cloud9tech.com