[Coco] CocoSDC and the Coco 3, 1 and 2

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Dec 13 02:49:17 EST 2014

Hi CocoSDC Nutz!

I'd like to announce that I have the CocoSDC Successfully Running on My Coco
3!  I got a CocoSDC running on my Coco 1 and finally on my Coco 2!

On my CocoSDC Coco 3 I'm testing Bill Pierce's Mshell program and although
Mshell was started without any knowledge of the CocoSDC, Mshell is working
flawlessly.  I still have to run a thorough bank of tests, but the initial
indications are that Mshell is working.  The latest update 1.0.2t is
updating correctly on my system.  I tried it 3 times in succession.

Then I moved on to my 128KB Banked Coco 1.  I wanted to see what I could do
with a CocoSDC on my 128KB Banked Coco 1, so I set up another CocoSDC with
the nos96809L1v03.03.00 Coco1  80d.dsk image as my "CocoSDC.dsk" and booted
it up.  I used ezgen to make drastic changes in OS9boot as I wanted a 51x24
screen, access to my Glenside IDE Controller with CF Card, and Drivewire 4
drives.  Now I know what you all might be saying.  With all that in your
OS9boot file, you will not have enough memory to run things and you may be
right.  I had to make the changes in the OS9boot file in stages at first
just to make sure EZGEN was going to work.  Then later on I had to make
changes in stages because I tried to insert to many modules into the OS9boot
file all at once.  Eventually though, I ended up with NitrOS-9 L1 v03.03.00
running on a Coco 1 with a CocoSDC SD Card controller inserted into a
Glenside IDE Controller!  Then I moved on to my Coco 2 and did the same
thing.

My next step is to add an 80 x 24 screen onto my Coco 1.  Actually, I could
add two 80 column screens, one to my Coco 1 and another to my Coco 2.  You
see, I'm about to finish making a Wordpak2+, but I also have an old Disto 80
Column Pak as well.  Now where did my huge desk go so I can set up all this
wonderful Coco Equipment on it.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>