[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Dec 12 18:22:12 EST 2014

On Dec 12, 2014, at 2:16 PM, S Klammer <sklammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Short and sweet... neighbourhood Makerspace.  Get folks in with parts,
> soldering irons, 3d printers.  With area colleges, high schools, old
> techies... might be doable.  At reasonable rates for the skillset involved.

We have a makerspace thing here in Des Moines, but the cost to be a member was too high for me to justify. But there does seem to be a market and business for it in some places.

I think that is a great idea, but I'd retro the stores as well and bring back the old logo and retro electronics kits beyond the few they have now.