[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:13:08 EST 2014

With R.S.'s horrible reputation,I don't often admit that I worked
there as a kid.  The motto when I worked there was "Tomorrow's
Technology Today."   Us employees used to goof and say: "Yesterday's
Technology Tomorrow!".   They would lower their comission rate during
Christmas time, and returns after Christmas were charged back to us at
regular rate... yup really.

1. Mathematically impossible sales commisions
2. Horribly out of date products. (Realistic)
3. Cell Phones.
4. Abandonment of the high profit margin product: pieces-parts.
5. Dingy stores.
6. Mistreatment of Employees
7. Junk Warranties
8. Horribly low-end cabling.

>From what I understand RS hasn't made a real profit since I left in
the 90's.  They are just living on the 6500 retail store assets.  The
two CEO's when I was there were drunks, too.